Skip to main content

Lies You Tell Yourself

I was extremely convinced that this time would be different. 

Since I am finding my time on Twitter increasingly dissatisfying, I told myself that I would start trying to blog more. It was about getting into the habit again, more than doing it right. I let myself be defined by product when I am someone who believes wholehearted in process. Why do I have these two sides of myself?

When I look back at earlier versions of this blog, it is so refreshing to have captured moments and memories, to have timestamps on my mental records. Yet I constantly tell myself I don't have anything to say. Time passes and things change and I wish I had a better record of the ways that these things developed or withered.

It is easier to come to these spaces at moments of extremes, triumph or despair. But it is the mundane moments I think about the most. The things lost between the items that have official records. Words and phrases and themes and discoveries that feel monumentally important for a few days or weeks. Rarely longer.

Comments