Skip to main content

Reading Slumps

Reading slumps seem to happen to me more now than they ever have before. There are so many things filling up the space of my mind, the only thing I can think to do when I have time to myself is close my eyes.

What do you do when you have a reading slump?

Sometimes life just doesn't have time for reading. I always hassle people to read for just ten minutes a day every night before bed. And I know I have time for that, but I just don't have the energy. I try not to feel too guilty about it.

Tonight on Facebook I saw a link from Suzanne Young about the 7 Awesome YA Series That You Haven’t Heard About… Yet. Sometimes seeing new books I want to read doesn't make me feel any better. I have tons of books around me all the time and not finding the inspiration or motivation to pick them up. But this time I saw a few titles that have me feeling a little excited about the prospect of picking them up!

Mr. X read and LOVED Red Rising and I keep coming up with reasons NOT to read it. I don't know why I let myself listen when I throw up reading road blocks.

I always say, "I hope I get to have time to read this soon." When really I have the time, I just don't have the energy. But I need to stop making excuses and just read this book.

As much as others have loved this book I know it will be the right fit for me, but sometimes that is its own problem. The more I think I am going to like a book the more pressure there is to LIKE the book. Sometimes this pressure IS what sabotages me.





These two books also look interesting since they were the only two books on the list that I have never heard of before. Have you read either of them?




Of the two London Eye looks the most interesting of the three to me. I am going to bite the proverbial bullet and start reading it tonight before bed.



Comments

  1. I have moments like that too. I generally tell myself it's okay to take a break from reading, but then I feel guilty. Often times it's just a matter of finding the right book at the right moment. Everything on my TBR shelf may sound good, but if it doesn't spark my interest in that moment, I drag my feet about picking the book up. Sometimes it is because of the hype. Sometimes just because I'm not motivated. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I beat myself up too much about reading slumps and then they just get worse...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment