Skip to main content

Writing Wednesday - Gail Carson Levine

PhotobucketI know there are a lot of Gail Carson Levine fans out there.

She burst onto the children's book scene in 1998 with the publication of Ella Enchanted. But maybe burst isn't the right word, since she had been writing her whole life.


D
id you know she wrote a book about writing?
I know
there are a lot of writers out there too!
The books is called Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly and it was
published in 2006.
Photobucket
It is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!
I had no idea this book existed until I was looking up Levine at the library late last week.
You guys know what a junkie I am for writing books. What I love about Levine's attitude is her simple, no nonsense attitude. Her sense of humor doesn't hurt either.

In Writing Magic, this Newbery Honor author shares insight into her writing experience and encourages young writers (or any writer for that matter) to simply write. Get the words out of you and onto the page!
Levine gives examples of her writing experience from many of her published works.
Previous to Writing Magic I enjoyed reading Ella Enchanted and Dave at Night. (I don't hear many people talking about Dave at Night, but I personally absolutely adore it.)
It was such a joy to learn more about the crafting of the these two stories I already love and the others I can't wait to read.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to be a writer, anyone who wants to teach writing, or anyone who simply adores Gail Carson Levine's books and wants to learn more about her writing process and ideas.
Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly

Comments

  1. I sooo badly want to read this. And her other books. I have Ever here, but none of her older ones...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment