It has been a long, LONG time since I have done a Thursday Thirteen. I decided to give it another try again today after being disappointed with the questions for the last two weeks at Booking Through Thursday.
So here it is. Thirteen books I was supposed to start/finish this month but never did. (Yes, I do feel like a failure, thanks for asking.)
1. Peeps by Scott Westerfeld - Vampire story I was really looking forward to reading for Genre of the Month. But when I went to get it out of the library it was already checked out. This will be getting read eventually.
2. Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery by Deborah Howe and James Howe - Vampire story again for Genre of the Month. I was trying to go with something a little out of the norm and fun.
3. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor - I am struggling through the middle of this still. It was the book club pick for last month. (You see the words LAST month there???)
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I will be speed reading this in order to finish it for The Dark and Stormy Book Club. Their podcast airs Sunday, August 3rd at 8pm central / 9pm eastern time.
5. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - I started listening to this in audio while cleaning the house. I fell instantly in love. This was the book club pick for this month, but we have since decided to close the club.
6. Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult - Book club pick. See above.
7. Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson - This book has been highly recommended to me. I even took it out of the library and started it. But did I finish it? No. I will soon be reading it with a Plurk bud and looking forward to it.
8. Paris, 1850 (The Vampire Plagues II) by Sebastian Rooke - After reading and enjoying the first book I was hoping to finish the series.
9. Mexico, 1850 (The Vampire Plagues III) by Sebastian Rooke - Book three in the series. See above.
10. Chasing Windmills by Catherine Ryan Hyde - I love, LOVE, love this book but the content hits a little too close to home. I have been slow reading it.
11. Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood - This is the first book I have picked out for my 1% Well Read Challenge.
12. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner - This is a bit of a cheat because it is a group read and we are on a schedule, but I thought I would be done with it by now.
13. Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose - I have seen a lot of good things about this book. I have been trying to read one writing book a month since I tend to collect them. I got this one out of the library and returned it without ever reading it. I always intended to check it back out but never did.