Skip to main content

Teen Tuesday - Her Smile

Teen Tuesday is the day we set aside for teen book lovers visit with each other to find out what's being read in the world of young adult literature. You can comment whether you are a participant or not. Visit all the posters at teentuesday.blogspot.com.

Well I have been getting a lot of reading done. Picking up book after book and reading a few pages and not making it far.

The young adult books I am currently reading are:
The Second Mrs. Gioconda
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

The books I recently finished are:
The Book Thief
Vampire Plagues: Paris, 1850
Feed
Kira-Kira


I think it is interesting when books two books you are reading have a common element. It is to be expected if you are reading two books on the same topic. But I think it is really interesting when it happens when you are reading books on two different topics.

You know when you are needing to be reading a pile of books but there is one just this one that keeps staring at you? You see it calling to you out of the corner of your eye?


Well as I was pushing through Vampire Plagues 2 (and it was a real push cause I as hating it, big disappointment after I liked the first book) and I came across a passage. As I did my eyes darted to that book I am not supposed to be reading because I am already reading WAY TOO MANY BOOKS! I read the words again, "Jack had no idea at all why Emily and Ben were so enthralled by the painting. IT was not very big, and there was a tint over the whole thing that made it look as if it has been painted in greenish haze" (44). So what was Jack looking at? The painting has been around for over 500 years and one of the most famous ones in the world. It also happens to grace the cover of the book I am trying not to read.



MusicPlaylist


I have lots more I want to read and lots more I need to read.
I will be (I hope) exploring The Book Thief throughout the week on my blog. I found it to be so dense that every time I try to write about it my head explodes. I decided it will be more manageable in small pieces, please stay tuned and check it out!

What did you read today?

Comments

  1. I find it interesting that you will still read teen books. I too still will read them time to time, when my daughter has finished one that she says "was the best book ever" I will pick it up and read it. Once in a while a friend will say to me why are you reading that it's so young, but I find many aspects to the teen books that fit into my adult life from time to time. :) ....And yes this is 2 comments in 1 day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment