Dec 29, 2008

Mail Box Monday

I have seen on various blogs people talking about the books they are getting in the mail. I don’t review (officially) very many books so it is a real treat when I get some books in the mail.

I thought it would be fun to celebrate that fact. I have been wanting to put some pictures of my books on the blog for a while, but all I have is a really crappy webcam. So, you are just going to have to suffer.

I was lucky enough to have Chelsea send me six books.

Chelsea sent me a copy of our January young adult book club pick so that I would be able to participate.

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson has a beautiful cover and I am very excited to read it. The chat for this book will be on Dec. 29th. Feel free to contact me for more information or check out Chelsea’s blog.

I have been told I will really enjoy this book and now I am trying to decide whether to jump right into it or wait until closer to the chat to read it.

I really love talking about books in a group setting. I love that Chelsea will be giving away a copy of next month’s book to one of the chat participants.

I have been trying to collect all the Printz winners and finalists for my personal collection. I don’t have very many but thanks to Chelsea I have added two more to the pile. Monster by Walter Dean Myers has been on my wishlist for a long time. It is great to have it in my hands so I can get it read.

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing will be an interesting read. I really enjoyed M.T. Anderson’s book Feed but this book looks completely different. I am definitely curious about it.



The Big Empty, The Center of the Universe, and Sixtyfive Roses were also included.

Did any of these book interest you?

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to get book in the mail. I always have to go out and buy them. Then I never want to let them go. I have one room, filled with books on shelves, and stacked in boxes. Surprisingly though I know where each book is. I do re-read a few books from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding books in the mailbox is such a treat, isn't it? I found one in mine today which came as a complete surprise. :-)

    Looks like you have some good reading ahead of you! Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very interesting and I love the books books and more books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Sixty-Five Roses on my shelf because my mother-in-law insisted I should read it; at this moment I can't even remember what it's about, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you thought of it.

    And I've read The Big Empty. It was a pretty easy read, not as complicated as I would've liked (but it is just the beginning of a series). My thoughts when I finished it: http://tinyurl.com/a7sm8t

    ReplyDelete

Bibliophile Exploring Dystopia | Food & Community | Utopian Projects