Skip to main content

Lusting – Judging a Book By Its Cover

It seems that around the web we have all started to admit that is it okay to judge a book by it’s cover.  If you don’t recognize the author’s name, what other incentive do you have to pick up the book?

The cover to This Is What I Want to Tell You definitely stands out.  This cover may be one of the most impactful ones I have ever seen.  Not only does it stick in your mind but it is easily describable to someone else.

For me the cover is both scary and intriguing.  The idea of having my mouth covered with tape fills me with feelings of panic and claustrophobia. Yes, this person can easily breathe out of their nose.  But it still makes me freak out a little.

The words This Is What I Want to Tell You only adds to the impact of the cover.  The title adds the mix of emotions that can be involved with holding information back.  You may feel that you forcibly need to hold the information back because it is so exciting or so shocking.  Or when the secret is something that scares you, it in and of itself can make you feel claustrophobic.

This book is out in March and I am eager to hear more about it.
Have you already read and reviewed this book?
Please leave a link in the comments.

From the publisher’s website:

The stories people tell are always about the things we left behind, and about the things we wish we could do again. The real story isn't about what you know; it's about what you wish you knew then. When my brother and my best friend fell in love—that was the end of everything I knew.

Comments

  1. I want this! it sounds great. I love the cover as well, and i definitely judge books by the covers. lol
    this one is very impactful.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The non advertising or making people think works very well. About 15 years ago "I Can't beleive it's not butter" was launched in the UK. The butter lobby would not let a product under that name or that created the comment hat is was better than butter be used. In stead the adverts played on the fact that the word "butter" could not be used and by "not" saying what the product was won the best advert of the year award. Same with a book cover gets you think so you want to read the book to find out.

    Storyheart (Barry Eva)

    You can follow my tour on my blog at

    http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I find interesting about this book cover and the synopsis is that the things we most want people to know are not the things that we want or feel comfortable telling them. I'm interested in seeing a review of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cover! The blurb, title, and cover pique my interest, and now I shall wait with you for its release date!

    cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow just one look at the cover and title and I was already very intrigued by this book! I'm very excited to read it now, especially after reading the whole entire post. This is now definitely on my list of books to be read; if just the cover got my attention so much I can't wait to actually read its contents.

    -Michelle Kuo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one either! Fortunately it's only about a month away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book SOOOO MUCH. Bah! I wish I bought hardcovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how ductape is on her mouth-it's such a cool cover and the plot looks good too...
    -amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment