Skip to main content

Read-A-Thon – First Book Completed

It is 11:15 pm and I am listening to the last minutes of Feed by Mira Grant. When I woke up this morning I thought that I would be putting in some hard core reading hours, but that isn’t exactly how it happened. I am a little behind on my read-a-thon goals, but that’s OK! There is still plenty of time. I am also considering amending some of my intended reading due to some upcoming challenges I have decided to join. No official decision on that yet, though. Will keep you updated, I promise.

fall catch-up readathon

I definitely feel some pride in being close to finishing my first book and am eager to push through Never Let Me Go.


Both books have been classified as dystopian or having dystopian themes. And this makes it a double triumph for me. I am happy to be continuing my intended reading within this fiction classification.


If you haven’t already, check out my post The Problem with Dystopia and look for follow up posts coming soon. I know a lot of us love these type of books and I love reading all of your thoughts and comments. As dystopia fiction emerges into popularity it is interesting to see how we all understand it and the terms that we use and when.


I think we will continue to struggle to understand both dystopia and utopia but it is my goal to work on finding a unifying voice through all the articles, criticism, and opinions that I wade through. Thank you for any of the thoughts that you have shared with me in the past and will share with me in the future.


Look for my review of Feed to be up soon.

Comments

  1. I really want to read Never Let Me Go before I see the movie, but I'm not sure if I'll get to it! You know, I only just discovered the dystopian genre since starting my blog in August of last year and I have to say that I really enjoy it.

    Keep up the great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never Let Me Go is that book. You know, the one that everyone in the blogger world but me has read. I will someday, just as soon as I get through The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo- which was previously that book that everyone in the blogger world had read but me. Since I've read a few chapters I can at least consider that one partially read. Congrats on getting your first book down and out of the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment