Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon - 3 Days to Delayed New Years!

The Sunday Salon.com
There are 3 day left until Delayed New Year! And I still have a lot of work to do! It was a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long three weeks at my house having my mother in town. It is definitely blissful being alone in my own house. And even more blissful to finally have time to read!!
I have finished my first two books of the year earlier this weekend. It may be a slow start but there is a certain amount of accomplishment that goes along with it.
In 2010 I am joining a lot of challenges and I hope this will be positive and not stressful. Challenges have been very stressful for me in the past so I have been a bit wary of them. But after reading 186 books this last year as a result of joining a 100+ challenge, I feel more motivated to join up this year. 186 books in 2009 is about 90 books more than I ever expected I would be able to finish and it was a really nice surprise.
In 2010 I'm sure I will read whatever I feel like reading, but I am going to focus more on review and exploring science fiction because I seem to enjoy doing that the most. It lifts some of the pressure that I put on myself.
Today I am trying to finish up the 2nd book in a young adult science fiction series with dystopic elements called Lost Bullet. The series is called Traces and it is a young adult version of CSi set in the future.
I will be meeting at my local library on Tuesday with my book club to discuss The Eyre Affair. I like finishing the book the night before we meet so it is really fresh in my mind, but I will be reading hopefull about a hundred more pages today.
And considering my current interest in dystopian fiction (actually perpetually interested), I have decided to re-read 1984. I took out the audio from the library so that I could read it in a new way. I am not sure I will end up sticking with it though.
What are you up to this Sunday?

Comments