Skip to main content

Reading Lists

I don’t know why I do it to myself. It is a strange form a torture, yet at the same time I am having the hardest time pushing from one book to the next right now, so maybe it is needed. It is inevitable.

 

There is something to be said about listing your intentions and then following through with them or not. Not too long ago I listed my tentative list of the next 10 books I would like to read. And I just wanted to check in to see what kind of progress I was making.

 

  1. Rae by Chelsea Swiggett (currently reading)
  2. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
  3. The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (started)
  4. Book I haven’t finished yet (Cherry Heaven, Never Let Me Go, The Iron Heel) FINISHED Never Let Me Go
  5. Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (need to track down)
  6. Perdido Street Station by China Miéville (audio, saving for steampunk challenge starting Oct. 1)
  7. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (started)
  8. Epic by Conor Kostick
  9. Exile by R. A, Salvatore (audio)
  10. The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi (group read/steampunk, waiting until Oct. 1)

 

So, out of the ten books I decided I would read a few weeks ago I have finished…ONE. Though, I guess it could be worse…somehow.  Then for the Read-A-Thon I added a different list, some books stayed the same, and others didn’t.

 

Feed by Mira Grant (finished)
The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (started, but not far in. May reserve for YA dystopian challenge)
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler (started, staying on list)
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (currently reading)
Framed by Frank Cottrell-Boyce (currently reading)
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (thinking about saving for steampunk challenge)
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (haven’t started, staying on list)
Cherry Heaven by L. J. Adlington (desperately need to finish this)
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder (may save for dystopian challenge)

 

Despite these lack lust numbers, I will 1. finish Rae soon and 2. have had a fairly successful reading month compared to those of months past and I am happy with efforts that I have made and there are still many, MANY books that I want to read and so many of them are not even listed.

 

My life is about to get even more busy but I know that I will carve out some time for reading here and there. I am especially excited to read Hunger since it is my first Net Galley ebook. I also need to make up my lists for my challenge posts. I feel like all I have been doing lately is listing books and then I decided to do it again, for almost no purpose. But I wanted to push through this blogging block I felt settling around me. So what if I feel like listing books for a week?

Comments