Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

I am in the middle of a million books right now but I can’t seem to finish any of them. Does this ever happen to you?

For the past 6 months or so I have really been investing my reading time into my growing interest in science fiction. If at least one of my titles isn’t sci fi, I’m not happy.

Right now I am in the middle of two science fiction titles. Unwind by Neal Shusterman was suggested by my friend, and it is great that she understands what I like to read. I enjoyed it from the first page. But now we are in the middle of the book and all the science fiction and futuristic elements have mostly faded away. I enjoy the speculation that a lot of science fiction books provide but get bored when the plot pushes those things aside.

The other science fiction book I am reading is Dune. I thought this would be a very slow and difficult book for me, but I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it and how quickly it is passing by. I am happy that I saw the movie first. It has been a great help in having me understand it all. I am only 20 pages in but I have found them interesting and fairly easy to follow. Has anyone read this?




I did manage to finish one book this weekend.

Perfect on Paper was a delightful read and made me laugh out loud at least once every few pages. Maria Murnane will be stopping by on Wednesday to answer a few of my questions about her books and her writing experiences.

What book did you finish?

Comments

  1. Sometimes it IS hard to get into books, I know what you mean.

    I have Unwind. I really want to read it!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to read only one book at a time and so I don't often have the problem you mention. ;-)

    My husband has been encouraging me to try Dune. He thinks I would really like it and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoy it.

    The more I hear about Perfect on Paper, the more I want to read it.

    I hope you have a great week, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read one book at a time--usually if I start another book, I don't end up finishing one of them.

    I judge books by their cover and Unwind looks interesting. =]

    I finished Paper Towns. =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment